We are thrilled to kick off our #MILLENNIALTakeover of AW18 with Melissa Urfirer Gottesman - the designer behind our favorite handbag line, Riley Versa!
Melissa grew up in New York City, where her passion for fashion was fueled from a young age. She explored the fashion industry working in fashion PR and interning at Saks Fifth Avenue and Condé Nast’s W Magazine before leaving the city to attend The University of Pennsylvania. After graduating, she spent two-and-a-half years working for Edelman Berland, a global market research firm, before founding Riley Versa in late 2015. No matter where life has taken her, Melissa has always held firm to her New York roots – and the belief that the only rule in fashion is that there are no rules at all.
1. What does being a millennial mean to you?
2. It's no secret that the fashion industry is in a changing period right now. Where do you see the fashion industry going next?
3. Describe MILLENNIAL in your own 3 words.
Sassy, fresh, daring.
4. What's your favorite MILLENNIAL piece?
My “le duh” shirt! I’m obsessed.
5. How do you like to style MILLENNIAL?
6. What is your favorite part about NYFW?
7. What is your go-to NYFW outfit?
8. Favorite restaurant during NYFW?
9. Top jams on your NYFW playlist this season?
10. Who is your style icon for this season?